Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Treasured Items

My hand embroidered velvet crazy patch purse was just featured in an Etsy treasury this week. Thanks Desiree for blogging about us too. Her theme was "Phenomenal Fuchsia" and I have to agree. Her choice are gorgeous. I started making these purses a few years ago after taking a class from my friend Marcia Wachuta a former school teacher that is now a long arm quilter. She does amazing free motion quilting work.

When Marcia was unable to teach a class at our local quilt guild, the Friendship Quilters, I was asked to take her place. I really had a lot of fun teaching this class and went on to teach at the other guild I belong to in Hillpoint, WI the Piecemakers Quilt Guild. Thank you Marcia for giving me the push to teach. I really enjoy it. I've since gone on to teach hand embroidery and hand applique classes and really feel confident in my skills.

No comments: