Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Greetings from Vergas and Perham, MN


Greetings from Vergas, Minnesota, Home of the world's Largest Loon. If you have been reading my blog for a while you know I love roadside attractions. I can't resist stopping to take a photo. I love the call of the loon. There is nothing quite like it. Robyn, this link is for you. Click here to link to a website with various loon calls.
Vergas is always a favorite stop for shopping. I love to stop in at Coco's Bait and Tackle shop and the Quiet Cricket to start my Christmas shopping.
On the road again...

My real mission on this trip was to visit the Bay Window Quilt Shop in Perham, MN. I had heard such wonderful things about the shop and I was not disappointed. I walked in to a small quilt shop full of bright fabrics from batiks to contemporary/trendy and 30's reproduction fabrics. Much to my surprise there was so much more to see. The shop is comprised of at least two adjoining store fronts. Earth tones, primitives, holiday & Civil War reproductions are in another room. Don't miss the flannels, wool and Minkee fabric in the basement. This store is well organized. Plan to take some time on your trip so you can see everything. It was easy to find coordinating fabrics to use in an applique project that I have had on the back burner. This shop was well worth the trip out of the way to find. Perham has a lot of nice shops to visit and I hope to get back someday for an extended visit.

4 comments:

knitsewjo said...

What could be more fun than TWO loony daughters?!?

Elliemac said...

Thank you for your welcome, I think I am going to enjoy blogging. The only thing is I have spent all afternoon replying and then getting side-tracked. Once I have got my blog sorted I think I will have to lay down some rules for myself so that I will have time to get creative.

ArtPropelled said...

Wow, that's some loon for sure!I love their interesting black and white plumage. Thanks for the link. I will go listen right now.

ArtPropelled said...

It is 6.00 a.m. here....and I played the call of the loon. My husband came through out of a deep sleep saying "I swear I just heard a loon....but we don't get loons here" I love the sounds. They give me goosebumps. The wail is so beautiful. Thank you so much!