Saturday, August 2, 2008

Home Again and the Triumphant Return of the Amazing Jack

It is a glorious morning today. The sun is just topping the hills of our valley as a I leave to pick up our dog Jack from "Puppy Camp".
Here is a view from the end of our lane toward the Pine River. Hot days and cool nights bring frequent fog to the river valley.

I feel like an invader into the world of nature today. Rabbits dart out of my way on the gravel road, barn swallows race in front of my car and the sand hill cranes lift their heads from under their wings to see me pass. I pass 5 cars on my my 17 mile trip to town. It is good to be home.
Jack is at my feet as I type. I know he loves me but I can't help but think it is my salmon steak that is keeping him so close.
This weekend I'm off to the Wisconsin Quilters Inc. quarterly meeting. I can't wait to get back to my sewing machine. It has been too long.

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful scenery! Your photos pull at my heart. I do so miss living out in the country.