Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lucky Me, Unlucky Husband



I had a wonderful surprise when I went in to the Red Door Gallery on Saturday. Sandy, the gallery manager, had the perfect display for my jewelry. I have spent hours on the internet trying to find something that would work well. I guess I should have been looking for an eye glass display instead of a jewelry display. This unit was donated to the gallery by a local eye doctor.







I've been sewing like crazy trying to get a new supply of earrings ready for the fall and winter. I received a custom order for a large pendant last week (thanks Alli) which inspired me to get back to work on my jewelry. I have a bit more sewing to finish before I can start to assemble and solder. Here's a sneak peak at a few items in the works.











I took the day off of work on Monday so I could drive my husband to get his wisdom teeth taken out. Look what I found our road trip to the dentist. I've been looking for a field of mature sunflowers to photograph for several years. I will try to make it back a bit later this month when the seeds start to darken. I plan to take the photos when the sun is not so high in the sky. Also I'd like to spend more time here. I felt a bit guilty leaving my husband sitting in the car icing his jaws. I thought he was awfully sweet for letting me stop.

This last photo is a shot of our journeys end. The approach to our farm from the east is through a walnut grove. I love the way the sunlight filters through these trees no matter what time of day it is.








6 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

Those last two photos are really beautiful. It must have been great in person!

Jackie said...

Chris I have a little something for you at my blog. I hope you will accept.

annette emms said...

Hi Chris, I've just found your blog and I'm so pleased that I did!
I love your miniature patchwork jewelry.
You live in a wonderful part of the world, thank you for sharing the pictures, it looks idylic.
Driving home through a Walnut Grove, hmmm I would love that!

Susan Elliott said...

Your jewelry looks so pretty on that display! And you live in such a beautiful place with a beautiful name...

ArtPropelled said...

Your jewelry looks wonderful displayed together on the new stand. The field of sunflowers is stunning. Lovely photos! Hope your hubby is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

wow Chris, your jewelry looks awesome displayed that way, even more beautiful all in a close grouping like that. I loved seeing the progression of homes you have lived in. Hope you are well!