Friday, August 8, 2008

Barley Harvest

We live in an area with many Amish neighbors. It is not uncommon to pass more horse and buggies on the road than cars. The barley has been harvested and sits stacked in the field. I love this time of year. The grasses are turning pale shades of brown after going to seed.

I finally had my camera with me and had a chance to photograph the doe and her fawn. I see them every morning grazing in the apple orchard next to the house. This is the clearest shot I have been able to get of these two. The fawn is very active and hard to catch standing still.


Perseids Meteor showers will be at peak in the early am on August 12th. Look to the sky just after the moon sets.



Allow the world to live as it chooses, and allow yourself to live as you choose. - Richard Bach

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am well aware that we are coming to the tail end of summer but its been so awful here this year..just awful. the only hot days have been
humid and unpleasant and all of them have been wet.
What beautiful surroundings you have.