Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home at the Sugar Creek Ranch

Our Shady Grove was known as the Sugar Creek Ranch long before we moved here. Our property is surrounded by sugar maples and the creek starts from two springs behind our house.
I've been waiting for my new fabric shipment to arrive so I've had a few days to catch up on other things around the farm. I had planned to put up my hammock and read all day Sunday but looked around and saw all the landscaping work that needed to be done and decided I would relax better once the work was finished. We had a really tough winter. The rabbits and deer were really hard on our evergreen shrubs. We even lost a few to the hungry varmints. I did some hard pruning on the junipers, transplanted lots of hostas and planted Mugho pines (hope they survive next winter). It was almost dinner time when I finished. The work really paid off . The front yard looks great. Tonight after work I put up that hammock under the Catalpa tree and read for couple of hours before dinner. Oh joy! If you've never owened a hammock highly I recommend one. It's like taking a mini vacation without leaving home.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That was such a lovely comment you made on my husbands work. Thank you. I haven't visisted for a little while and look what I've missed! You are very lucky having such an amount of land thats your own.
I'm going to put a link on my blog to yours then I can finfd you more easily.