Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sew Much Fun!!

Surrounded by creative women last weekend had my spirit soaring again. If only I could bottle and take it with me. On Saturday morning it was our turn to cook breakfast.Here I am with my mom and her good friend Diane. I treasure the time I get to spend with my mom. She is the best mom a girl could ask for. Diane joined us for a make-up retreat. The last sewing retreat mom and Diane attended together started with Diane taking a trip to the hospital and staying for a few days. I am happy to report that Diane is healed. It was wonderful getting to know her this weekend. We did lots of sewing...and laughing.

Here is a quilt project I have been planning for a while.

And new friends with


Really great socks!!
Some of my favorite women were at Patsy's retreat this weekend. We shared our ideas and laughed so hard I cried at times. I am so lucky to know such wonderful women.
You can see more pictures of our weekend on Patsy's blog. Diane showed us how to make snowflakes by incorporating our names into the design. You can see a picture of my mom's weekend project there too.
I am working at Jeanne's fabric sale this weekend. If you are able to attend please stop and introduce yourself.

3 comments:

bindu said...

The socks picture is great! Glad you had a good time.

MyCretanlife said...

You seemed to have such a great time. There is nothing like that here, but I do know of a few friends that get together one morning a week. Might join them when I get the time.

Greenmare said...

oh what a faulous time!! good for you all! I love the socks, and I love your project in progress, keep us updated!!!