Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dreams, Hope, Prayers and Faith


All of my life I have dreamed that the world would unite and celebrate one another for the beauty within.  Today I celebrate and place my hopes in the hands of a new American President who speaks of my dreams.  

I pray for our nation and our world these things:

Acceptance of one's religion, no matter what faith or god or prophet. 
Compassion for those in need.
A celebration of the differences that make each of us so unique.
A universal race: humankind. 

I have faith we can achieve a better world if we open our hearts and love one another.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I agree with you so much and I sure hope our new American President can help pull our country out of the mess it is in.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, I could not agree more!
xxsm

Lynn Cohen said...

AHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHmen.

and womanhood too!!!! YES. I blogged about this as well today Cris. I am filled with emotion today. And it feels so good.

knitsewjo said...

Amen... Beautifully said, Love.
Free at last! Mom

Jude said...

Yes, watched everything on tv glued in fact, very emotional.

bindu said...

So true, Chris!

Faith said...

I hope things will be so much better out there in the world too with peace and understanding and to Unite... youve so beautifully wrote that verse and its so true.
Theres more contact between people now with computers, the net ect where I remember in the 70s and 80's I just had to make do with writing to penpals on letters.
Look how far we have come now.

Jackie said...

Amen!!


(By the way, all those links to my blog were not put there by me. I only say this because I had a nasty e mail accusing of doing that very thing on another blog. I think they are there because I have links to you in my sidebar)

ArtPropelled said...

Well said!!!

Stunning photograph!

Gwen Buchanan said...

I wish your prayer comes true.