Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shady Grove in the Winter





I've been talking a lot about the greening of our land. I thought you might enjoy some winter shots. On New Years Eve day we had a hoarfrost. Hoarfrost forms on clear nights when objects on the ground become colder than the air. I love the hoarfrosts and always look forward to them. On top of the frost we had about 3 feet of snow on the ground. I've added a shot of my tall husband knee deep in snow. The snow started on November 30th and never melted until late March. This is the most snow I have seen in years. My husband Mark had to get really creative with new places to pile the snow. The pile by our mailbox was at least 6' high by the end of the winter.

2 comments:

knitsewjo said...

Looks like a little bit of Norway to me. And the husband looks as happy as Jack to be out in the snow. :-)

Jackie said...

I've found you at last! Your address in the comment didn't work. What lovely snow and sky pictures. I know 'Shady Grove' as a folk song..is that what you named it after?
Thank you so much for comment and link.