Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rays of Light


Yesterday was one of those days that you know you will remember. I started the day with a trip to town to get some errands out of the way. It was overcast but the sun was still making it through the clouds. What a beautiful morning! I just love the way I feel when I see the rays of sun filtered through the clouds.
On the way home the sky cleared up to a brilliant blue with big white clouds. What a glorious day.
Later that evening we took a drive over to the Mississippi Valley. The most of the farms are being plowed. The dust in the air added a brilliant orange glow and more amazing rays to the sky. The sun was a huge, bright orange/pink orb on the horizon when it set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely stunning photo!

I'm afraid our beautiful days have already given way to the heat. They'll be back next fall. :)