Friday, May 1, 2009

Quilt Show Winners and A Car Park?




We stopped off in Arthur Illinois to visit the "Stitch and Sew Fabrics" store. The prices were very reasonable and the selection was varied with something for everyone. Many of the shops in town were filled wonderful Amish wares. We had lunch in a nearby bakery. I can still smell the cinnamon!


On the way back to the car I noticed this unique parking structure. This photo shows only half of the city lot. There is room for at least a dozen horses in this garage.


Rumor has it we missed two great Amish dry goods stores full of fabric. Maybe next trip....

Here is a link to photos of the show winners at the AQS show in Paducah. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Millie said...

Nice pistures and it looks like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. Love the horses and wagon.

Jude said...

Do the Amish sell honey and produce?
What's in the bags??
Wonderful photo of the horses 'parked'

Finn said...

Boy, you make me wish I was there too, smelling cinnamon. Maybe I should make some cinnamon rolls for the weekend *VBS*!
Sorry you missed the Amish Dry Goods, but there is always next time...right? Hugs, Finn

JennaLouiseCreates said...

I'm glad you had a great time:) We have Amish here in Ohio and I LOVE the Quilt shops. Every fall they have a shop hop my Mom and I attend. I'm celebrating my blog anniversary, stop by for my give a way:) Blessings, Jenna Louise

bindu said...

Love the horse parking lot. I visited the Amish community near Philly when I lived there. Life is so peaceful and laid back there. Hard, but time doesn't hurry by as it does in the cities.