Saturday, March 28, 2009

Waiting for the Earth to Wake

I love this time of year just before the earth wakes. Tree silhouettes against the sky fascinate me.
The ground has just begun to thaw and our Amish neighbors are already turning the soil in preparations for spring planting.


Snow is in the forecast tonight. We may be lucky and miss most of the storm. It has been a mild spring this year and we are looking forward to long walks in the meadows.

Have a wonderful weekend!

P.S. You still have time to enter my blog giveaways. Drawings will be March 31st.

8 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Doesn't it seem that you can see natuer so much clearer just before the leaves start to come on? I love this time of year - sometimes just because it comes right before spring - my favorite season.

knitsewjo said...

Wonderful pictures of a beautiful area! We have four daffodils ready to bloom if tonight's snow doesn't discourage them. Happy BD, happy spring!

Anonymous said...

Oh, It looks so beautiful at your place. We don't get winter like that here. I'm jealous that you live next to the Amish :-)

Lynn Cohen said...

Your photos are wonderful pieces of art. Andrew Wyeth comes to mind. (did I spell that correctly?)
Beautiful.
And still so cold there.
I did and am having a terrific weekend. You'll see. ;-) Wishing you the same.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'd love to take walks and see the horses and beautiful vistas!

Faith said...

I didnt realise you lived next door to the Amish community that must be lovely to see.. I bet you get to see a lot of hand quilting there. One of the horses remind me one I used to have especially the chestnut one. Thanks for visiting my blog.
faithx

bindu said...

Time slows even just looking at these snowy fields and the horses. Divine!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Such restful and thoughtful photographs Chris.. They make time stand still...