Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home Again and No Place to Go

I just spent an extended weekend with my mom and sister at Patsy's Homestead Cabin Retreat. My sister is not a quilter. Can you believe she designed this beautiful quilt on her first day of the retreat. I spent 10 minutes showing her how to use my EQ program and she took it from there. This photo shows 1/4 of the quilt design. We spent the weekend working on quilts for the 1940's era fishing cabin she and her husband purchased last summer.

We took some time out for some walks in the woods.



And enjoyed watching the chicken antics. This rooster takes his job seriously.



Mom and I sewing.



And finally a finished project. This blueberry pie pin cushion kit came from Pats blog giveaway a in late January in honor of her blog's first birthday. It was National Pie Day on the first day of Pat's giveaway. I tried to get it finished for the other National Pi day, but I was a week late.
There are a few more pictures from our weekend and show and tell on Patsy's Blog


It was a wonderful time and it was hard to leave, but my classes are over, no retreats planned until December. I'm glad to be home and I know where all my sewing notions are for the first time in a month.
P.S. Two more days until my blog giveaways start.

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Sewing, family, walks, nature. What could be better?

Jackie said...

What a fantastic weekend. I love the picture of you and mother sewing.

Greenmare said...

oh how lovely!!!! what a wonderful time for you and your mom and sister!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Looks like a fun weekend! wonderful sewing and a no calorie pie at the end~looks yummy!

Millie said...

Looks like you had a good weekend of spending time with family and quilting.

JennaLouiseCreates said...

What a wonderful and fun weekend. Yeah for you and your family:) Nice looking pie, it's really cute. Jenna Louise

bindu said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and the creativity runs in the family!