Monday, December 29, 2008

Tidying Up

Our holidays were wonderful this year.  We reminisced, celebrated the day and our good health, and talked about future dreams.  My son was delivered back to school in record time on a sunny Sunday.  His girlfriend, bless her heart, was kind enough to meet us halfway.  I returned home to this glorious sunset taken on the bluff overlooking our farm.  My house is at least 200 ft below in the valley beyond.   


The only visitors left at our home are the early morning risers looking for a fallen apple in the orchard.

I was able to sneak in some time to sew over the holiday.  I worked hard to get a long awaited crazy quilt block under way.  I hand pieced most of the fabrics and should be able to start the embroidery by the New Year.  Sorry, I can't show you any photos until June.  It will be part of a quilt top gifted to our current guild president.  I am back to doing a lot of work by hand lately.  I love the soothing feeling you get from a darting needle.  

Housework is next on my list.  I plan to get everything in order this coming week so I can relax a little bit and get caught up on my blog reading.  I have been checking for updates as time permitted these last few weeks.  I am getting caught up little by little but will be leaving fewer comments so I have more time to read.  

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year full of joy and peace!

Chris


4 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy New Year to you too.

JennaLouiseCreates said...

I can't wait to see the crazy quilt block you are creating. Happy New year to you! Please stop at my blog if you have time, you have been tagged. Thanks for all your inspiration. Jenna Louise

Greenmare said...

Happy New Year Sweetie! I think our "snow dogs" would have a blast together!

ArtPropelled said...

Glorious sunset indeed! All the best for 2009, Chris.