Thursday, April 8, 2010

Summer at Sugar Creek Ranch

This is an old post from June of 2008. Another look into life on our farm:

The daisies are in bloom in the meadows and the grasses blow in the breeze. The fields on our property have been fallow for about 15 years. Each year we have more wildflowers as the prairie recovers. I love this time of year. The weather has been amazing this week, in the mid 70's and sunny. It's hard to leave when the weather is so perfect but... This weekend I drive to Chicago to spend time with my mom and stepfather and my girlfriends. I can't wait!

This is one of my favorite shots of our old dog Kodiak. He was an Alaskan Malamute. His head stood at least 3 1/2 feet high. He was tall enough to be able to put his head on the dinner table, a habit we broke him of quickly.

And now back to April 8th, 2010:
I will be selling my hand dyed fabrics and quilt block jewelry at the Crazy Quilters Quilt Show this weekend. My Etsy shops will be closed until Monday April 12th.

If you are in Mukwonago (Milwaukee Area) this weekend please stop by say hello. This show boasts 200 quilts on display. Read more about the show here.


Have a wonderful weekend! Hope to see you there!

No comments: